Fender Custom Shop Jimi Hendrix Voodoo Child Stratocaster NOS Guitar, Black
Please contact us to check its condition.
- All prices inclusive of tax
About this product
Jimi Hendrix was the quintessential innovator of modern music. A left-handed player who wielded a right handed-guitar, he rewrote the vocabulary of contemporary guitarists with the fiery tone of his “upside-down”, reverse-strung instrument. The sounds he created with his Strat® informed his inventive technique—and in turn his songwriting—in a synergistic relationship that birthed a legend. The Voodoo Child Strat is your chance to directly experience the tone and essential configuration of his guitars, recreated for right-handed players by the artisans of the Fender Custom Shop.
The Voodoo Child Strat takes a multi-faceted approach to recreating the elements of Hendrix’s unique configuration, the most obvious being the reversed headstock. Reversing the headstock lengthens the distance between the nut and low-E string for a tighter playing feel, simultaneously shortening the distance between the nut and the high-E for easier bending and vibrato. The trio of left-handed hand-wound Custom Shop ’69 Strat single-coil pickups reverse the pole piece placement, creating inspiring tone with enhanced upper harmonics and definition. Reversing the angle of the bridge pickup gives it the same orientation as a left-handed Strat strung upside down, giving you the foundation of the Hendrix sound and feel for your own.
Other features include a two-piece select alder body, NOS nitrocellulose lacquer finish, tinted maple neck with ’65 Strat “Oval C”-shaped profile, 9.5”-radius fingerboard, 21 6105 frets, 5-way switching, vintage wiring, 3-ply Eggshell pickguard, American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo, vintage-style tuning machines with Fender logo, bone nut and wing string tree. Includes deluxe hardshell case, strap and Certificate of Authenticity.
- Body Shape: Stratocaster®
- Body Material: 2-Piece Select Alder
- Body Colour: Black
- Body Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Fretboard Material: Maple
- Fretboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- No. of Frets: 21
- Fretboard Inlays: Black Dots
- Pickups: Custom Shop Hand-Wound '69 Strat® Single-Coil
- Bridge: 6-Saddle American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Eggshell
- Strings: Fender® USA 250R Nickel Plated Steel (.010-.046 Gauges)
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-Style with Fender Logo
- Hardware Finish: Nickel/Chrome Closet Classic
- Accessories: Deluxe Hardshell Case, Strap, Certificate of Authenticity
Get more with Swee Lee
Dedicated Sales Support Available.
Latest News & Promos for Members.
Secure Payment Methods.
Asia’s Largest Music Retailer
More than 50,000 musicians trust us and have shopped online with us since 2013.
Fast & Reliable Deliveries
All orders are packed with care and typically leave our warehouse within 1-2 working days.
Secure Online Shopping
Shopping online is a breeze with PayPal and Shopify, who are trusted worldwide.
All prices are inclusive of tax so you can shop our vast catalogue with ease.