About this product
In Los Angeles 1997, the Fender Custom Shop designers met Donal Gallagher, brother of late great guitarist Rory Gallagher and received one of the most coveted guitars- Rory?s heavily worn 1961 Stratocaster guitar. Initially built with a limited 40 replicas for European sale, Fender was subsequently besieged with more requests.
The Rory Gallagher Stratocaster pays homage to the truly missed master with an exact replica of the much-revered instrument, with details right down to the extremely worn Three-color Sunburst alder body, maple neck and rosewood fingerboard, five Sperzel tuners and one Gotoh tuner, and the white plastic 12th-fret dot marker instead of the original clay. The guitar also features three custom-wound ?60s single-coil pickups, aged chrome hardware, 21 jumbo frets and a bone nut.
- Series/Shape: Stratocaster
- Body Wood: Select Alder
- Bridge: American Vintage Synchronized Tremolo
- Colour: Relic 3-Color Sunburst
- Electronics: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Middle Pickup)
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
- Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Frets: 21 Medium Jumbo
- Hardware: Nickel/Chrome
- Inlays: Clay Dots with One Mismatched White Plastic Dot at the 12th Fret
- Model: Rory Gallagher Signature
- Neck Finish: Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Neck Shape: Early '60s "C"
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Nut Material: Synthetic Bone
- Pickguard: 3-Ply Mint Green
- Pickups: Custom '60s Single-Coil Neck, Middle and Bridge
- Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
- Tuners: 5 Sperzel? Die-Cast Machine Heads with 1 Mis-Matched Gotoh?
- Nut Width: 1.650" (42 mm)
- Hard Case / Bag: Case
- Number Of Strings: 6 strings